http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Yes We Did

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yes We Did

So we have a new President, everyone! Woooooo! Change! Did you watch Obama's "60 Minutes" interview on Sunday night? Now, I'm not one of those people that believe he's the second coming of Lincoln or anything - but I think it would be difficult to listen to that man speak and not get excited about the future. Is that because we're coming off of 8 years of Bush speeches and interviews that were rife with mispronounciations and factual errors? Maybe. But he's also just a very engaging man. Now we wait and see how he does! No pressure, Barack.

My sister and I were talking about how much pressure there is on Obama to prove himself immediately upon entering office. We are expecting him to fix the economy, end the war, bring about a new era of racial harmony and buy a puppy cute enough to get the nation to really care about puppies again. That's a lot, and I feel for the guy.

Also important and in the news - that "Twilight" movie! F#&% that movie. How old are you?

I will be heading to Florida to spend Thanksgiving with my Mom next week. Nice! But first some friends of mine are having a Thanksgiving of their own this weekend. Everyone is bringing something to add to the meal. I volunteered the crescent rolls. Because I can't possibly screw up crescent rolls, right? I'll also be bringing copious amounts of wine. Because you can't tell if you're eating screwed-up crescent rolls if you're drunk, right?

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home