http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: 'The Wire' Is Really Good And You Should Watch It

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, September 22, 2008

'The Wire' Is Really Good And You Should Watch It

I was out in Long Island this weekend visiting my friend Katy. Katy has a gang of ducks that waddles through her back and front yards at all times. And everytime I saw them, I had the overwhelming urge to run at them kicking wildly. I was surprised to find out that I guess I hate ducks.

I guess I also hate Los Angeles. While talking with a friend yesterday, Los Angeles was brought up for whatever reason. And my immediate and venomous response was, "Piss on Los Angeles." Whoa - where did that come from? I've never even been to LA. It's amazing what you can learn about yourself in the most random situations.

Enough about hate. What do I love? Autumn. Today is the first day of autumn! It's time to start planning your hay rides and apple picking trips and leaf-burning bonfires. Is that illegal? To rake up your entire backyard of leaves and then set them on fire? Because we used to do it every fall back in Buffalo. My sister and I would rake all the leaves into a huge pile, and then we'd jump on the pile, and then we'd rake them back into the pile, and hide one of our rakes at the bottom of the pile, and then tell our little brother to jump on the pile, and then tell our Mom that "it was an accident" and that "we didn't tell him to jump in headfirst, ya know!" when our brother would run screaming into the house. Also there was cider!!

Show listings round the New York way soon! But for all my loyal DC fans (stop laughing) I actually will be back down for a show in December!!

Poonanza!!!! Saturday December 13th at the DC Improv Lounge. (It's the smaller room at the Club) For those of you who don't know Larry Poon for some unholy reason, acquaint yourselves here. The Poonanza is a variety show hosted by that entertainment dynamo, and there will be stand-up, sketches, and something offensive in the eyes of the Lord, I'm sure. So come on dooooown! There will be 2 shows that night - I don't know the times but I'm assuming 8-something and 10-something. I will pass along more details as I get them. Hope to see some of you there!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Katy said...

The ducks are FINE! It's the french goose you must hate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home