http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: I Could Win Just As Many Gold Medals, I'm Just Too Busy

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, August 15, 2008

I Could Win Just As Many Gold Medals, I'm Just Too Busy

How about that Michael Phelps, huh? That kid is on FIRE! Drink it in, Baltimore. What else do you have to be proud of? Besides The Wire.

I feel like I should have something of consequence to write about. Hmmm...how about this? I have a pen pal. Yup. A pen pal from New Zealand, whom I've been writing to for about 14 years. That's crazy! Anyhoo - he's coming into New York this weekend, staying with me for a few days next week, and then I'm taking him back to Buffalo so he can experience the real cultural mecca of these United States.

So right now I'm trying desperately to think of things to do when he's in town that are fun and interesting. You know - things that I normally wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. One night next week - I've got us tickets to a concert that would have been amazing if it were still 1998 - Everclear, Cracker and Soul Asylum. Ha! I'm the worst host ever.

Any other ideas? I know that, seeing as how I'm a comic, maybe I should take him to a show. But then I'd have to edit my material, so as not to offend my guest with all my Kiwi-heavy jokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home