http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: "Let's Hail Maroon and White..."

Comedian Erin Conroy

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"Let's Hail Maroon and White..."

Long time since I posted. Sorry Beth.

Anyhoo - the title of this blog references my high school song. I thought I'd better explain that as maybe one person who reads this blog went to high school with me. My 10-year reunion is just around the corner! Wow - 10 years. That makes me feel old. Well, that and the fact that I can't stop telling teenagers that "When I was your age, I wasn't an asshole."

The magic of the interweb has put me back in touch with a ton of people I haven't seen since graduation, and I'm starting to really look forward to the reunion. It'll be nice to see everyone, and also, we've been promised a "Buffalo Style Buffet". I enjoy chicken wings, roast beef and loganberry as much as the next guy. But I enjoy them even more when I can eat them while simultaneously gossiping about that teacher we had who got arrested for statutory rape. Good times.

Did I thank everyone that came to my shows yet? Probably not. THANK YOU to everyone who made it out to my shows at Gotham and Broadway a couple weeks back. You are the awesomest. And awesomest is a word now. Call Webster.

I saw "The Dark Knight" the Monday after opening weekend. I went with a friend to a theatre in Times Square. Times Square probably isn't the best place to see a movie anytime, as you tend to get a very interesting cross-section of humanity around those parts. But that night was especially bizarre, as I felt like I was watching a movie with 400 people who've never been to a movie theatre before in their life. They were clapping at random parts, laughing hysterically at others, and I'm pretty sure there was booing as well. It was re-donk-ulous. Bruce Wayne would walk onscreen - the crowd would start clapping and hooting. Every time the Joker did anything - seriously, anything - it was uproarious laughter. I'm all for having a good time at the movies, but all the commotion ended up drowning out the next two or three lines of dialogue. It was insane. That kind of behavior is only acceptable for movies of a particular caliber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home