http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: I've Had All I Can Stands, And I Can't Stands Much More...

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I've Had All I Can Stands, And I Can't Stands Much More...

Are teenagers today really this stupid?!?

The link is to an article in Time magazine about a high school in Gloucester, MA that has an extraordinary amount of pregnant students. Something around 17 girls (all 16 or under) are expecting. These pregnancies aren't the result of a really crazy Mardi Gras, either - these pregnancies were planned, holmes.

Apparently a good majority of these girls made a pact to all get pregnant together and then raise their kids together. Ooooooh! What FUN! To think of all the time I wasted hanging out with friends and planning to go away to college and miniature golfing - I could have been raising a child!

Another aspect of the article that's rage-inducing is that some of the blame is falling on movies like "Juno" and "Knocked Up" for "glamorizing" what it's like to be an unwed mother.

OK first off - it wasn't a walk in the park for either of the prego characters in those movies. I seem to remember heartburn, emotional turmoil, and a very raw delivery scene that almost certainly made me barren upon first viewing.

Secondly - are you serious??!?! It's 2008!! Do people still not know the difference between movies and real life? Do these girls really think the stoners that got them pregnant are going to change their ways and be the men of their dreams? Or that they'll be able to stay refreshingly witty for the duration of their pregnancy - proving to everyone around them how important it is to just be yourself?

Because I think it's going to be more like "3 Men and a Baby". Without the comraderie or the laughs, but totally with the creepy ghost kid staring out from the doorways. That's right, ladies. Welcome to your new lives.

In summation - these girls are idiots.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Idoits is being nice. I would go with Morons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home