http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Friend Request THIS

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friend Request THIS

I'll be honest - I fought Facebook for a long time. I was already on the MySpace so the kids would think I was cool, so I had no intention of entering another social networking domain.

Finally I was convinced (by Victor, who promised if I joined I would see awesome pictures of Matt and Phil) to sign up. And as I live and breathe - you wouldn't believe how many people I've gotten back into contact with by way of the the almighty Trout Slap.

It's weird to be reconnecting with people I knew when I lived in Dublin, and in DC, and people from high school. (Class of '98 = Old) Ha - I used to wear vests, all the time. Listen up everyone - I don't wear vests anymore. I'm past that. I just wanted to put that out there.

OK - Victor and Meg's wedding. A few things:

-Townley is a surprisingly good speech-giver. Who knew? I mean, I knew he was eloquent when it came to yelling at sluts, but his Best Man speech was really great. Extra wedding cake and bigger glasses of booze great? Yes, Tim. It was.


-When did my guy friends start dating really cool, chill and not-crazy girls? I'm not sure when the switch was made, but I couldn't be happier about it. (This means you, Lisa, Sarah and Megan)

-There was a photo booth next to a table loaded with crazy hats and boas. Hilarity ensued.

-Have you been asking yourself what the ultimate appetizer for any occasion would be? The answer is mini Cuban sandwiches. You're welcome.

-More advice: DO NOT drink 4 cups of coffee before a Catholic Wedding Ceremony. Catholic Wedding Ceremonies don't stop for bathroom breaks. Even though I'm 96% Jesus would have been OK with it.

Long story short - it was a beautiful wedding, a kick-ass reception and the perfect couple. Also there were various meats on sticks. Amazing.


Have you ever seen the website www.overheardinnewyork.com? You should check it out. It's hilarious.

Alright - I have been super lazy with the blog lately. I'm sure it has something to do with the heat and also aliens. But I want to do better! So starting tomorrow, I am going to strive to write at least one thing a day. Be it a story, a random thought, or a word problem you'll need to solve while showing your work, there will be something to read on this blog. Everyday.

Except weekends. My weekends are reserved for alcohol and soapbox derby racing. Oh yeah, no, they go together. Like peanut butter and vehicular manslaughter. Count it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home