http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: I Make Great First Impressions

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I Make Great First Impressions

I went to a Cinco de Mayo party on Monday night with a friend. Tacos, beer and oatmeal cookies = authentic mexican fiesta-ing.

Anyways, we were all talking about jobs, and gigs (5 out of the 7 of us there were comics) and everything else, when randomly someone mentioned that a friend of theirs works in the same office as John Schiavo, a relative of the late Terri Schiavo.

The mention of Terri Schiavo's name caused a kind of moment of silence; all of us looking down for a moment in acknowledgement before continuing with the conversation. And wouldn't you know it, I was the first one to speak again! And because I don't think before I open my gob a lot of the times, this is the first thing I blurted out:

"Do you think anyone ever asks him if he wants to get something to eat, or do you think that would be waaaaay too awkward?"

I wasn't trying to be funny, that was honestly just the first thing that popped into my head when the name was mentioned. Even the comics were a little horrified.

But those oatmeal cookies were A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home