http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Roadhouse

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Roadhouse

What's up? How are you all? I don't have time to wait for an answer, so I'm going to assume you're all fine, or maybe a little nauseous. Sweet.

Last Friday I went to Westport, CT with buddy and fellow comic Ryan Conner for a show at Toquet Hall. This is actually a really cool space - and while the crowds can be on the smaller side, everyone that comes actually comes to listen to comedy. Which is nice.

While onstage, Ryan made a reference to the Patrick Swayze movie "Roadhouse". The crowd was younger, and no one appeared to know what he was talking about. This would not stand, so Ryan spent the next 10 minutes explaining the (overly simple/ridiculous) plot to the audience. Now "Roadhouse" is funny enough as a movie about a world-famous bouncer, but hearing it explained by someone who mentions only the best scenes (throat ripping out) and the best lines ("pain don't hurt"), elevates it to the level of undeniable epic. Rent it, suckas.

I have a show this Thursday at 9:30pm at the Broadway Comedy Club. Maybe. I maybe have a show this Thursday. That depends on YOU - the viewers at home. I need like, 3 people. Cost is $5 at the door. Also, I'm in love with you.

I'm heading home to Buffalo this weekend. Does anyone in Buffalo even read this? If so, see you in Buffalo!

(I mean you, Paul.)

This post is boring. I'm boring myself.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger ryanconnercomedy said...

Don't rent it. Buy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home