http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Let's All Go To The Lobby...

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, January 14, 2008

Let's All Go To The Lobby...

My friend Sara and I went to the movies last week and saw "No Country For Old Men". Yikes. Javier Bardem is a scary sonofabitch in that flick. But it's an awesome movie, and I highly recommend it.

In other movie news; how 'bout that Golden Globe awards telecast last night? Someone please bring me the head of Billy Bush. What a colossal douchebag.

It has been brought to my attention that I need to start working on my inner monologue more. Things that I assume I'm only saying in my mind, are actually coming out and offending jerks and squares.

Por ejemplo; the Subway stop in midtown that I use every day has 2 escalators with a set of regular stairs in the middle. Sometimes people take the stairs - especially if the escalator line is moving particularly slow. But Tuesday morning of last week it seemed everyone wanted to take the escalators. Except for one dude, who sprinted onto the stairs and began the laborious trek up them with nothing short of heroic enthusiasm. And every step he took echoed throughout the station, as he was literally the only one jogging up the stairs. I found his footfalls to be extremely annoying, and the closer he got to me, the more agitated I became. Until finally he was passing me on the stairs and I found myself saying (rather loudly), "Yeah, CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP. You're a HERO."

I got a look of hurt surprise from the dude, that quickly changed into righteous indignation. He finished his climb and was out of the station in a flash - leaving me a little shocked that he had been able to read my mind. Until the guy in front of me turned around laughing a little and just said, "Seriously".

Haha! I'm a National Treasure.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Sara said...

OMG, that is the funniest thing I've read in a while. I love that you did that!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

First of all - what friend? don't lie to us. we know you went by yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home