http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Chris Simon is a Disgrace

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chris Simon is a Disgrace

For those of you (most of you) that don't know:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=3161080

Chris Simon (former Washington Capital, for all my DC peeps) has been suspended for an unprecedented 30 games for stepping on Jarkko Ruutu (Pittsburgh) during the game on Saturday night. This isn't the first time he's been suspended for unwarranted and excessive violence - check out his suspension history.

He should be f**king banned from the NHL - never allowed to play professionally again. It wouldn't be any great loss, his merits as a player are always going to be overshadowed by what a goon he is on the ice.

On the other hand - I went to the Rangers/Coyotes game on Sunday, and sat 7 rows behind the Phoenix bench. Do you know what that means?? (Bob does. Take it, Bob!) I was 7 rows behind Wayne Gretzky. WAYNE GRETZKY!! The greatest to ever play the game, and one of my personal heroes. It was incredible, and a welcome distraction from the pitiful Rangers performance. The final score isn't important - I have a cell phone picture of Wayne Gretzky.

I love hockey. I hate Chris Simon.

2 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger dcstandup said...

Uh, Wayne Gretzky is the greatest ever? I take it you've never seen Donald Brashear in action.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Remember that HUGE Wayne Gretzky poster you had in our dorm room Freshman year? I remember that shit like it is still hanging on my wall...crazy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home