http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Buzz Cuts

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Buzz Cuts

So I went to that awesome 90s rock concert last night. And you know what? It was pretty fun! I only knew 2 songs by both Cracker and Soul Asylum, but I knew a ton from Everclear. Sometime in the past 28 years I guess I've become a fan.

Noted: I have gotten super-lame. The concert started at 8pm (I'm not counting the opening guy. Does anyone count the opening guy? Maybe if they're liars), and by 11pm when Everclear finally got onstage I was trying all manner of subtlety to let Mark (my pen pal - pay attention) know I was exhausted and wanted to go home. I did the big yawn, the constant watch-check and the shifting from foot to foot whilst grimacing so he could see how very sore my feet were. No dice - we stayed to the end. Which is good, because I got to hear the songs I enjoyed the most out of the entire show, but bad because I'm old as dirt.

There were other people at the show that could have stood to act their age as well. There were these 2 40-something meatheads - complete with gold chains and wife beaters, but no hair - standing behind us in line for beverages. The line wasn't moving terribly fast, and these guys are screaming "I'm dyin' a thirst ova heah! Come on! COME ONNNNNNN!" And then dying laughing like they were the first two idiots to ever complain about service loud enough for others to hear. Douchebags.

I'm going home to Buffalo tonight. Meet me tomorrow at Niagara Falls with a barrel, and we'll just see where the day takes us.

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Sara said...

OMG, I haven't read your blog in forever. Maybe that's because I haven't written on my own blog in forever, but that's changing now. Um...that concert, I read about and thought wow...I saw Everclear once and thought they sucked. It was a DC101concert and I was definitely underwhelmed.

Also, We ARE old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home