http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: And Shoes To Match!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, August 28, 2008

And Shoes To Match!

Last night, I accompanied my friend Sylvia deep into Queens so she could get a dress at David's Bridal for an upcoming wedding. Oh, David's Bridal. You are ridiculous.

I am not a fan of most bridal stores - I'm not singling you out David's, I swear. There's just such an air of confusion and an undercurrent of seething hostility at most of these places. Everywhere you look blushing brides are fitting their long-suffering bridesmaids into some taffeta monstrosity, all the while assuring them, "It'll look great in the Autumn. Just do this for me, OK? It's my day...." Which is followed shortly by the inevitable bride/mother argument that results in tears or someone getting hit with a tiara. Never fails. I can't imagine dudes ever have this much trouble at the tux shop.

Anyways, what's up? I was back in Buffalo last weekend for the Irish Festival/take my pen pal to Niagara Falls bonanza. I think I may be one of the worst tour guides ever - especially when it comes to the Falls. Because growing up so close to them in Buffalo, you can see them whenever you want really, and you take them for granted. And by "take them for granted", I mean they bore you. So when my sister and I took Mark there last weekend, I was like, " ...And here's some more water. Just like the other water we saw. Oh! Here's a bench! I'll nap on it while you go take some more gay-ass pictures."

And now it's back to Buffalo tomorrow night, this time for my high school reunion. High school reunions are so romanticized in movies and on the TV - usually because there's always the story about the long-estranged high school loves reuniting and falling in love all over again at the reunion. However, when you attend an all-girls Catholic high school like I did, that possibility doesn't factor itself into the reunion equation. The most emotional thing we can look forward to is something along the lines of, "Oh my God! It's so great to see you again! After all these years....I can still remember the day we decorated the gym together for Spirit Week. Those were magical times."

Have I told you all to watch "Mad Men" yet? Watch "Mad Men". That show rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home