http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Trapper Keepers

Comedian Erin Conroy

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Trapper Keepers

Today is the first day back at school for most kids. I remember how excited I used to get when I was a kid as school approached. My Mom would take us shopping for supplies a week beforehand, and we'd get all our notebooks and glue sticks and all that good crap. And I'd swear up and down that "this was the year" I would get organized and stay organized. And then 2 weeks later I'd find that my glue stick had melted to my Trapper Keeper, and that no less than 3 erasers, 7 pen caps, and a whole report on crocodiles had gotten irreparably stuck. Then I would abandon all pretense of being organized, insisting instead that I was "too cool" to have everything in order. Being "too cool" was also my excuse for wearing tan pantyhose under my shorts so as to give off the impression that I got a tan over the summer.

Speaking of school, I attended my high school reunion this weekend. 10 years - it's a long time, and no time at all. It's amazing how so much has changed, but how so many people are exactly the same. And that's a good thing.

So, Sarah Palin, huh? My Dad was piiiiiiissed when he found out. Not just because she's a woman (though I'm sure that factored into his gut reaction), but also because he bet my sister a bottle of booze that McCain would tap Romney. But if I've told him once I've told him a thousand times: "Dad - stop betting on Mormons."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home