http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Blog? What Is This, Blog?

Comedian Erin Conroy

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blog? What Is This, Blog?

Dip, Beth and Katy were right. It's been a long time since I blogged. Forgiveness, please!!

So random thoughts time! Reason # 4,529,338 why I don't want kids: Movies like "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore". Commercials for this monstrosity have been playing nonstop while I'm trying to enjoy my grown-up shows, like "Wipeout" and "Spongebob Squarepants". For no good reason, I hate this movie. I hate that it's a sequel, I hate that the dogs and cats are spies, I hate that there are sunglasses EVERYWHERE. The worst thing about this movie, and all movies of it's ilk? Parents who try to convince other sane and rational adults to see them so they feel better about the experience. "It was actually really cute! For adults AND kids! You should see it, there was a lot of grown-up humor." I don't belieeeeeeeve you. None of you. Stop shouting on Facebook that "How To Train Your Dragon" was truly LOLZ, or that "Furry Vengeance" didn't make you want to cut your femoral artery. You sit on a throne of lies.

And shame on you for letting your kids dictate how you spend your hard-earned fandango money. You better believe if I had kids, they'd be going to see what I wanted to see, or they wouldn't be going at all. What's the big deal? Besides, if I take them to see the newest movie in the "Saw" franchise, they learn an important life lesson about lazy filmmaking. And how to sack up and stop being such a wuss, it's so OBVIOUS that's a fake spleen.

Sonofabitch:


Now they're learning to drive - soon there will be no escape. We must take to the skies!!

1 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger choo choo knits said...

how about Toy Story 3? is that a movie we can all enjoy :o)

Ramona is all talk talk talk about Cats and Dogs...but I refuse to take her to the theater to see it. Luckily, she's at the age where she doesn't understand when things are in/out of the theaters...so when it's on Netflix in 6 months I can rent it and walk away while she's watching. Animating real animals just isn't my cup of tea.

and oh, Bears are driving through the QMT as we speak - I googled your address for them and they'll be there by 7:00pm tonight - have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home