http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Don't Sugarcoat It

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Don't Sugarcoat It

Listen - I think pandas are as adorable as the next gal. But that didn't stop me from being tickled pink by an article I read today that had the following quote from a naturalist - a naturalist mind you!:

"Here's a species that, of its own accord, has gone down an evolutionary cul-de-sac...I reckon we should pull the plug. Let them go, with a degree of dignity ..."

Ahahahaha. Let's all pull the plug on pandas. Just like that - millions of poster campaigns and interminable TV spots will be for naught. I'm all for quitting on a species and spending our hard-earned jars of change elsewhere, but I'd give up on koalas before pandas. Are koalas even endangered? They should be. They're all riddled with chlamydia, the skanks. And we wonder why all our teen girls are getting pregnant?

Hmmm? No, it's directly related.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Sara said...

This is my favorite posting. EVER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home