http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Take A Look, It's In A Book...

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Take A Look, It's In A Book...

Once a week, I participate in a program where I go to an NYC public school and read with a student. It's a great thing - you get to foster a desire to read in a young kid and be a sort of mentor to them at the same time. Plus, it's an excuse to read all the books you loved as a kid again. I have been pushing "Pippi Longstocking" and "Bunnicula" on my buddy for quite some time. READ WHAT I READ!!!

Today I showed up in the classroom where we read, and there was a list on an easel left from the class before. The list was of famous people, and they were: Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, Helen Keller, Adolf Hitler and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ummmm.....what? "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same...."

1 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You can read? Cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home