http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Fancy Footwork

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fancy Footwork

I know I'm not the first person to write about Idaho Senator Craig's rather embarassing run-in with an undercover cop working the dreaded " airport bathroom stall beat", nor will I be the funniest. But boy howdy - this is an awesome story.

What struck me as the most shocking, was how intricate the seedy underworld of airport-bathroom-sex-solicitation really is. I mean, I was under the impression that you walk up to a stranger, maybe talk about the weather for a few minutes so as to try and determine whether or not they are "cool", and then slide them a note that looks like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DO YOU WANT TO HAVE ANONYMOUS SEX HERE IN THE BATHROOM OR POSSIBLY BACK BEHIND THE CINNABON? (Check One)

___ YES ___ NO ___ DEPENDS...ARE YOU A COP?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But now I come to discover there is, quite literally an elaborate dance you have to master before you can even hope to contract an STD from a stranger. Behold:

"Craig was arrested at the airport while changing flights on his way to Washington. Police said that they were investigating complaints of sexual encounters by men in a restroom at the airport, and that an undercover officer was in a restroom stall when Craig sat in the stall next to him. The officer said in his arrest report that Craig began tapping his right foot, touched his right foot to the left foot of the officer and brushed his hand beneath the partition between them. The senator was then arrested."

It's like some horrible bastardization of "The Running Man" or "The Roger Rabbit". Now whenever I see someone expressing themselves through the majesty of dance or the disgrace of interperative dance anywhere besides a professional dance studio, musical or winter formal; I will assume they're propositioning me. Yep.....it's gonna be a sexy couple of months.

Thursday September 6th - Broadway Comedy Club - I forget the time - $5 at the door!!!! Come see me perform! And if you like what you see, do a few rounds of the "Hand Jive" and I'll meet you round back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home