http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Big Doings

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Big Doings

When did I last post? I don't even know. So I've been doing sh*t recently. 2 weekends ago I was in the much-maligned Jersey City helping my friends Ryan and Quincy (AKA Crucial Element) film some stuff. You know - webisodes, because they're like episodes for a TV show, but they go on the web. Ha! Webisode! That's a really clever portmanteau! What will the interwebs think of next? LOLOLOLOL!

Then last weekend I decided to dust-off my falsetto voice and knowledge of Nickelodeon TV shows and get to babysitting. My friend Karen asked me to watch her daughter for the day while she and the husband got out of the house, and I happily agreed - because her daughter reminds me of Ramona Quimby both in looks and in propensity for mischief. And I loved those books as a kid. However I think I underestimated the mischief part, because I spent the better part of 8 hours trying to keep up with the most energetic and crafty little 3 year old EVER. I would turn my back for no less than 5 seconds and things would end up in the pool, or covered with chalk or bubbles, and she would be tearing around the backyard in her birthday suit. The monkey business happened so quickly, that I haven't completely ruled out that she's a tiny wizard.

Last week a couple of friends and I decided to check out the newest Beer Garden in Queens. I am nuts about Beer Gardens. There's something about being able to drink outdoors - even if it's on a knotty picnic table in a crowded square - that I find immensely appealing. Maybe it's because I can drink and smoke at the same time. Maybe it's because there are slim to no douchebags or skanks present when the rain threatens to mess up their hair. Or maybe it's just because it's the closest I can get to camping without actually putting myself in harm's way, AKA Bear Country USA.

While we were at the newest Beer Garden last week, one of the dudes from "Rescue Me" walked in. I don't know which one because I don't watch that show. (Yet! Relax, I'll Netflix it.) But I recognized him from his stint on "30 Rock" as Liz Lemon's ex Dennis Duffy, and that tickled me. What is the point of this story? The guy who plays Dennis Duffy has an extremely large forehead. And the bratwursts at the Beer Garden are delicious. Don't think those two facts have anything to do with each other? You're exactly right.

I'm going to see New Kids on the Block this weekend with my sister. She splurged and got us these "Meet-and-Greet" tickets that admit us to a Super Exclusive BBQ. A BBQ so exclusive, that only people who are also willing to spend obscene amounts of money will have access to it. There will be delicious food AND the chance to meet NKOTB face-to-face. That's literally what every girl on the planet wants most in this world. It's not a family of her own, or world peace - it's ribs and hugging Joey McIntyre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home