http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Here Comes The Friend-Ship, Sailing YOUR Way!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Here Comes The Friend-Ship, Sailing YOUR Way!

So my friends have been kicking a little arse lately, and shame on me for not mentioning it. First - the marathoners:

My friends Sara and Matt have recently finished the Rome and Boston Marathons, respectively. Which is unbelievably impressive to me, as I probably couldn't be in worse shape right now if I ate butter lambs all day long. 26.2 miles is no easy feat, and they each also raised money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and for Habitat for Humanity. I couldn't be prouder of them. Congratulations Matty and Hooch!!!!

This past weekend there was a surprise party for my friend Tim, and so a bunch of my friends from college and I made our way to Danbury, CT to celebrate. As usual, it was awesome to see these guys, as it's usually only once or twice a year that most of us can get together. While at the party, my friend Townley and his girlfriend Lisa asked me if I thought it was appropriate to use the phrase "vag juice" on a first date. Allegedly Lisa said it on her first date with Townley, and while it obviously didn't have any adverse effect on their future as a couple, he maintained that it's a pretty ridiculous thing to say to someone you just met. I would argue that it's just as unwelcome at a friend's 30th birthday party, surrounded by said friend's family and coworkers. But I digress.

The reason I'm delighted that Townley and Lisa brought the whole thing up? "Vag Juice" of course left me trying to think of a suitable male equivalent, and I landed on "penis brittle". Which, for obvious (and infantile) reasons, has tickled me greatly for 4 days straight now. Penis brittle. God, that's good.

But all the hilarious puns in the world cannot protect us from the incendiary views of the newest incarnation of Jerry Falwell. Hold me:

Wow. That baby has some really strong opinions on gays and foreigners.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I love you! I haven't been to your blog in FOREVER. I'm a bad friend. LOVE YOU!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home