http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Maybe There's Hope After All...

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, February 20, 2009

Maybe There's Hope After All...

Anyone who knows me knows that bears are my mortal enemy. I've come to terms with the fact that my death will be at the paws of some monstrous bear - be it at the zoo, while hiking, or at a Chicago football game.

As a result, I don't care for bears. I think they're jerks just biding their time, and I watch that YouTube video of the bear falling on the trampoline often. And I laugh.

If you know me really well, you'll also know that WWII is my favorite war right now. I've read no less than 25 books on different aspects of the War in the past 2 years, and watched any movie/documentary I can find.

So imagine my surprise when I came across this little factual gem. There was a bear named Voytek trained to fight with the Polish during WWII. He hated nazis and enjoyed beer, just like me.

Coincidence? Or a sign that it's time to put aside years of nightmares and give bears another chance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home