http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Happy Year of the Ox!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy Year of the Ox!

The holidays are over, so it's time to now embrace the inevitable post-holiday depression. Mine has taken the form of my now long-dead Christmas tree. My tree; standing there in the corner of my living room and shedding countless pounds of needles whenever I touch it, walk past it or look at it for longer than 10 seconds; is a constant reminder that I will be without gingerbread lattes and Christmas songs for the next 11 months. It's proving to be a formidable adversary, as I have yet to figure out how to get it out of my apartment and onto the street corner outside without coating the 5 floors in between points A and B with a carpet of needles.

But I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a happy New Year!! My Christmas was great - especially Christmas Eve. My brother and I have our own tradition on Christmas Eve - he makes me dinner, I wrap his presents for him, and then we drink all of the beer at my sister's house before she gets back from Rochester. And then we tell her to clean up the beer bottles, for Godssakes, doesn't she have any respect for her own house? Nice.

While I was home I saw "Slumdog Millionaire". It's amazing. You should go see it.

2009, man! Trying to make some significant changes this year. However, rather than blabbing about them all throughout January only to find myself lying prostrate on the couch February 1st wondering what in the hell I did with the sheet of paper that had my bullsh*t resolutions on it anyway not that it really matters because yes! "Overboard" is on and I haven't seen it in forever so I'll just resolve to watch that now and worry about bettering my life later.

However - one of my resolutions is to submit to every single comedy festival in North America this year. Hell - they can't all turn me down, right? And if they do - then I need to seriously reconsider being involved in comedy.

So, I know of festivals in NYC, Boston, DC, Montreal, Vegas (I think), Seattle and LA. Am I missing any? Did I make any up? Any info on other festivals around the nation this year? If you know of anything, please lemme know!!

2009 - don't be a dick. Seriously.

2 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger choo choo knits said...

you should resolve to blog more :o)

I also believe that Overboard is a great "warm-up" resolution to bigger and better things! That movie begs that you watch it - and should shown more often! Respect the confusion of mindless woman and her tent dresses for goodness sake!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger J. Sterling Ellison said...

I've found yer blog while doing "Summer Heights" research. Yeah...Gumnut Cottage. Brilliant. Imagine if that were something we had here in the states. "Oh, well, I'm in the Gumnut Cottage program." Yup, yeah, well...great blog. You've been at it for some time! Keep fightin' the good fight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home