http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: This Makes Me Chuckle

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, January 09, 2009

This Makes Me Chuckle

If you don't know who Ricky Gervais is, then I'm not sure we can remain friends or even acquaintances.

Now! With that unpleasantness out of the way, you should check out Ricky's blog whenever you can because it's hilarious. More to the point, this week he posted a Top Ten movie list written by a friend of his. Well two lists really, as one was the Top Ten Best movies 0f 2008, and one was the Top Ten Worst. Long story short - he pegged "Twilight" as the worst movie of 2008. Which is both a fact and hilarious. But even funnier, what he wrote about it:

1. Twilight -- Dear Fat Girls of America, I know times are tough. I know how it feels to be overweight, and unpopular, to feel that no one really understands you and to wallow away at night, lying in your big bed, snacking and wishing there was an effeminate vampire boy-child to come steal you away and show you how shiny he looks in the sunlight. (I don't). But this is not the answer. I say it again, ma'am: THIS IS NOT THE ANSWER. I know it's too late to stop this train, but let us all agree that the Twilight books make Harry Potter look like Proust.

Awesome.

I'll be at Gotham Comedy Club this Tuesday night at 8pm. Just see if I'm not.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Sara said...

OMG, this is HILARIOUS! And I totally agree that the Twilight Series makes Harry Potter look like Proust. HAHAHAHA! But I do still love Edward. Oh and I resent that comment about Fat American girls--I'm hardly a fat American girl, Right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home