http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: How Was Your Weekend?

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, March 23, 2009

How Was Your Weekend?

Mine started out with a little excitement on Friday night. There I was, watching a movie and minding my own business, when I hear all this commotion in the hallway of my building. It's not uncommon for kids to be running around playing tag throughout the building until some adult pokes their head out of their apartment and starts screaming at them, so I didn't pay any attention. Then I hear sirens approaching outside, and I realize that there is a Fire Truck parked in front of my building. Then my superior brain put the louder-than-usual noises in the hallway together with the presence of fire and police officials, and decided to check it out.

The hall was swarmed with people, and two apartments down from mine, I saw that the front door had been smashed open. Turns out, the people who lived there were cooking dinner when the adults left the apartment for some reason without taking their keys, and they were subsequently locked out by the children they left in the apartment. Or something like that. So the Fire Department had to come smash the door down, because apparently the Super didn't have access? I don't know. But the hallway smelled like burnt chicken for the next 24 hours. Which is less offensive than you'd think, actually. Either that - or I burn the chicken every time I cook it.

So when I mentioned all this to my friend Leigh, she asked if there were any cute Firemen, and if I stepped out of my apartment in a revealing outfit so as to try and seduce said Firemen. (Just like on the TV!!) And while there was a cute Fireman or two, I stepped out of my apartment wearing Spongebob Squarepants boxer shorts and a t-shirt that said "Yankees Suck". Seduction: FAIL.

And then on Saturday I had some people over for my friend Katy's birthday. There was ice cream cake. In fact, there's still ice cream cake - do you want some? It's taking up too much space in my freezer. Where am I going to put all my Pudding Pops come summertime?

I also forced a couple of episodes of "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" on my guests. After seeing the opening credits, they were powerless to resist it's genius:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home