http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Piss on Eddie Shore! Piss on Old Time Hockey!!!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Piss on Eddie Shore! Piss on Old Time Hockey!!!

"Slap Shot". Probably my favorite sports movie of all time. If you haven't seen it - you should. Made back in the 70s, when movies were still rife with politically incorrect dialogue and characters. And the three greatest characters from the movie were the Hanson Brothers - three mouth-breathing, bespectacled GOONS who made a mockery of the sport every time they got out on the ice. They were just wonderful.

And now, Dave Hanson's son Christian has signed with the Toronto Maple Leafs!! Which, I dunno - is AWESOME!! Christian is 6'4" and well over 200 lbs., which makes him perfect goon size. So while I'm sure he isn't going to play like his Dad did for the Chiefs (and I'm sure his Dad wasn't that ridiculous in real life), it still has me happier than I should rightly be.

Hanson Brothers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home