http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Chimpanzees

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Chimpanzees

I asked one of my bosses here at work to give me a title for today's blog entry. He looked at me blankly, and then just said, "Chimpanzees". The look on his face-BRILLIANT. So I had to go with it, because if nothing else, the look on his face is making me laugh.

Anyhoo-last night was the first of my week of feature shows at the DC Improv. Nervous? I'll say. Nauseous? And how. But it ended up going really well. I'm delighted-because it was the longest show I've ever done on stage. Some new stuff went really well, and I'm getting more confident in some other things.

And then I had beer.

So the fun continues tonight through Sunday at the Improv, and you should check out a show. www.dcimprov.com, or (202) 296-7008 to buy tickets. Bob Marley's hilarious, as is Mike Shader, the emcee for the week. Good times. Good good times.

Now, there has been a little drama on the DC comedy scene as of the past few days-and while I said I wouldn't get involved or acknowledge it-I feel like I would be wrong not to voice my opinion:

If the end of the world was nigh, and the forces of darkness were encircling like vultures, and the only way we could attempt to save our mortal souls would be to play a dodgeball game the likes of which have never been seen, and I was one of two team captains that had already picked almost everyone, and there were only two possible teammates left to choose from, and I was the captain with the first of the last picks, and I had to choose between the fat kid or the slow kid-I'd pick the fat kid. Why? Because while I'm standing behind him being shielded from the opposing team's onslaught, I can also gather together as many dodgeballs that roll into my vicinity and therefore have a large pile to start hammering at the unsuspecting when my human wall gets ousted.

I know, I know. That's a lot to take in. Just think about it, DC. I'm sure you'll get my meaning. And then the healing can begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home