http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: King Kong

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, December 16, 2005

King Kong

So I've had a hell of a week. Sick sick sick. And then all this BS with my apartment in NY, which is forcing me to return there on Sunday to work some shit out. This means that I will be travelling up to NY with an UNBELIEVABLE hangover, because my par-tay is tomorrow night. Odds are 5 to 1 that I will puke on my broker. Any takers?

But enough complaining. Now it's time to focus on the spirit of the season, and the Baby Jesus, and the fact that my last day at work is next Friday and I haven't even BEGUN to clean out my desk. I can forsee a large garbage bag and a visit with the shredder in the basement in my near future. I can also forsee the final score of Superbowl XL, and I'll share the information with anyone willing to move all my stuff to NY for me. Because I don't feel like doing it.

My days in DC are numbered now, and I am very conscious of the fact that I should be taking advantage of this town and all it has to offer while I still can. See the monuments, visit the museums, push a hippie down an open Metro grate. You never really appreciate the place you live in until you leave it, I think. Just like you never really appreciate your friends until they come through with some homemade ether and a polaroid camera.

Life is funny like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home