http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: The Power of Negative Thinking

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, November 07, 2005

The Power of Negative Thinking

I passed a jewelry shop on my way into work this morning. On the front of the glass it said, "Watch Repair-While You Wait!" And I thought to myself, "One of these days, my watch clasp will break for good and I'll lose it and it will break my mother's heart and it will affect my standing in line for the family throne." But I went on my way and forgot all about it.

Then, on my way back from lunch I looked down to check the time, and HOT DAMN! My watch was gone!!

I found it later, after re-tracing my steps and thumb-wrestling a hobo for it.

The moral of the story: If you're going to thumb-wrestle a hobo, make sure it's one who tragically lost both his thumbs to over-exposure and hypothermia.

Even so it took me 43 minutes to beat him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home