http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Holy Swedes, Batman!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, September 30, 2005

Holy Swedes, Batman!

So my week of shows at the DC Improv soldiers on. Bob Marley continues to be awesome, and I think I'm getting more confident with-and therefore better at-my feature-length set.

On Wednesday night, there were about 40 Swedes in the audience. Straight off the IKEA shelves-honest to God-SWEDES. At my friend's request, I tried to say something to them in Swedish, but I don't think it came out right. I probably threatened to kill all their mothers. No wonder they didn't really feel my 80's pop culture references.


Big ups (wow-I just wrote "big ups") to a few friends that came out last night: Katharine and Scott, DaLania and John, and Lindsay and Dave.

Lindsay and Dave are dating and seem very happy. And that's awesome, because I've known Lindsay for years and she's amazing. Dave-I only just met you last night-so the jury's still out on you. But it's looking like you'll probably get manslaughter 2-and that means we'll be BFF.

Some dude bought me a shot of whiskey after my set last night. I kind of waved it off, explaining that I hadn't eaten so it might not be a good idea. He just pointed to the stage, and was like-"But up there you said you were Irish. Are you even Irish?!?" So then, of course, I had to take the shot to defend my peoples and our honor.

Oh, and I kicked him in his nethers for ever doubting me.

Tonight-two more shows!!! One at 8pm and one at 10:30pm. There are still tickets left-so buy 'em!! Tomorrow-same deal. Oh-and everyone who comes to Saturday night's 8pm show will have the opportunity to rub elbows with Buffalo's finest. That's right-some of the family is coming in. Don't say I didn't warn you when you take a broken bottle in the jugular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home