http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

Christmas? Nawww. Arbor Day? You'd think so, but no. The weeks following my "not-guilty" verdict? Close-but not quite.

Today begins the most wonderful time of the year-HOCKEY SEASON. Opening day is upon us, and I am delirious with joy! Though my joy is somewhat tempered by the fact that I will be watching my beloved NY Rangers tonight on the Outdoor Life Network, instead of ESPN or any spanish-language channels. Seriously-when did hockey become on par with the Tour de France?!?

Anyhoo-any Rangers fans out there can tune into OLN tonight at 7pm for Rangers vs Flyers. Boooo Flyers!! And Monday (Columbus Day) the Rangers are playing the Caps at 1pm at the MCI Center. Meet me in the drunk tank!

Why do I love hockey so much? Shutup-that's none of your business!

Also, because I grew up in Buffalo NY-a town where hockey players are revered as Gods!! Baseball, basketball and football players were lesser deities-though I'm sure they got plenty of tail as well.

Hockey is the last great team sport. Yes-TEAM sport I said. If a line doesn't work well together-it doesn't matter what superstar you have playing center-it just ain't gonna fly.

Hockey rules. I have played it, taught it, watched it and loved it since I was about 13 years old. And I am soooo happy it's back!!

Moving on-it is a very special day for another reason-it's my boy Mikey's 25th birthday!! Well Happy Birthday Mikey!!!! I'm sure that in the near future there will be alcohol consumption in honor of this milestone-but in the meantime I'll just drink from the flask I have here in my desk at work.

My week of shows at the DC Improv have ended, and I am very sad. But it was a great week-Bob Marley was great to work with; and who doesn't want to hear about Mike Shader's penis all the time?? Big thanks to all who came out-it meant a lot to me.

Oh-another congratulations needs to go out: Ryan Conner, DC comic and friend to woodland creature big and small-tied the knot on Sunday. And after his shoes were securely tied-he walked up an aisle and got married to his girlfriend Anne. So congratulations to you two!!! Mine was the largest present or envelope most overflowing with money. The card with my name on it just fell off.

Any comics want stage time tonight? I know a place. Drop me a line if you want the details: Erin_Conroy99@hotmail.com Don't bother asking if you won't play nude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home