http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: I Was On "Carmen Sandiego" When I Was 12! I Don't Need This!!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Was On "Carmen Sandiego" When I Was 12! I Don't Need This!!

That, my friends, is my favorite quote from the show I did at the Broadway Comedy Club last night. A comic who seemed to be having a bad day, was also having a rough set. When he had finally had enough of people mouthing off and back-sassing him, he came out with that little gem. And I laughed and laughed and laughed.

My set went very well, and I am pleased. There was an interesting selection of comics last night-some that were very green, some that were very confident for some bizarre reason, and one guy who was so off-the-wall that he was my favorite. If you can put "centaurs" and "square routes" in the same sentence and make it funny, then you are gifted, my friend.

I saw "Pan's Labyrinth" this past weekend. Damn....fascists are assholes.

I swear I had more to write. Huh.....guess not.

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger The Masked Moustache! said...

I knew a kid who was on Reading Rainbow and one who was on Family Double Dare, but Lord knows I would have sold all my sister's teeth for a shot at Carmen Sandiago. Kick it Rockapella!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Jordan Knol said...

Irish, ANY sentence that combines spare roots and centaurs is funny. That's a gimmie. How amateur. :)

I'm missin you, kiddo. Emailing you soon.

Love,
Dizz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home