http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Puppenschpiel

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, January 22, 2007

Puppenschpiel

Busy weekend. Wanna hear about it? Yeah, I thought you did.

On Friday, Ryan Conner and I took the Metro North train out of Manhattan and into Connecticut. I've never been on any of the train lines that roll out of Grand Central and into the great suburbia that lies beyond, but it was fairly enjoyable and efficient. It was also enlightening. I had no idea that doing lines of coke in train bathrooms was still cool, but apparently it's back in a big way. Or at least that's what the drunk girls on the train back into NYC would have me believe.

The show itself was good. It was predominantly high school students, which can either suck or be great. This time, it was great. They were a good crowd, I was happy with my set, and everyone came out a winner.

Saturday my good friend and musical comedy genius Larry Poon got into NYC. He's in town for a week full of shows, and I'm delighted my week is full of Larry. We went out on Saturday night with another great comic Frank Hong, and at one point we ended up in a karaoke bar. You're never really aware how many people can't carry a tune to save their life until it's 1am on a Saturday night, and some drunk is warbling to "Hips Don't Lie". Also, white folks love them some Kanye West. And most white folks dance exactly like every hack comic says they do. Score one for the hacks.

Yesterday, I went to a show with my friend Katy. It was a puppet show. A puppet show of death. No foolin'. The guy who put the show together took the death scenes from a number of different puppet shows from all over the world, got most of the original puppets, and put it all together for an hour and a half of puppets eating it. I found it quite enjoyable.

I am still interviewing like crazy for a new day job. It makes me want to vomit. Every day I'm at a new place, answering the same questions, filling out the same forms, and giving the same speech about myself. I'm suuuuuuper bored with it all.

To make things a little more interesting, I think tomorrow I will tell my interviewer that I can see the future, don't work on Highlander High Holidays, and demand to be paid in cashews. I bet you I get hired on the spot, because they're as tired of the same shit as I am.

Show at the Broadway Comedy Club on Tuesday January 30th at 8:30pm! As I attempt to get as much stage time as possible this year, I'll be putting most of the bigger shows here on my blog, and the rest on my MySpace page. Because I still have no idea how to update my website.

I revel in my computer illiteracy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home