http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: $15.30

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, June 26, 2006

$15.30


It may not seem like a lot of money to you, Rockefeller; but $15.30 sent my good friend Sara on a harrowing quest to face off against Corporate America and stand up for the little guy.

After being unjustly overcharged for her dinner at the IHOP in Crystal City VA, Sara demanded retribution, but was instead met with apathy. Apathy from the cashier, the manager and the group of stoned college kids waiting for their french toast.

Asserting that she "would not be ignored", Sara took her fight to the IHOP corporate offices in California. No, I'm serious. She really did. After speaking to some higher-ups there, she was told she would have to speak to the owner of that particular IHOP about getting her money refunded, and that they would place the call on her behalf. The owner then got in touch with her, expressed outrage at the situation that had befallen her, and promised justice.

Finally, over a month after the incident that shook the commercial district of Route 1 South, Sara was back at the scene of the crime. She spoke with the owner, who refunded her money and gave her a free dinner on the house. Sara had won.

What is the point of this story? I guess you can take it however you want to. All I know, is that when Sara explained the whole saga to me, I was laughing so hard I was crying. I mean come on-who does that?!? Who goes through all that hullabaloo for $15.30??!!? Only Sara, that's who. And I don't think she has ever been prouder of herself. She just ran a marathon in Alaska-but ask her what she's been up to lately, and I guarantee you'll hear about the victory she experienced against the great pancake gestapo.

Next time, Stroman-you gimme a call first, and I'll front you $20. I mean seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home