http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Random Thoughts

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, June 12, 2006

Random Thoughts


-I saw a movie that I enjoyed immensely. It's called "Brick", and it's an independent/arthouse kinda film. But don't let that turn you off. It's a very good movie, full of teens and intrigue and Lucas Haas. You know him-the kid from 'Witness' with the huge ears. Rent it.

-It's getting increasingly more difficult for me to pretend like I'm interested in what stupid people have to say. While they're blabbing away about their new sandals, or their experiences on the Zone diet, or about how their art is different from everyone else's because they really appreciate the nude human form, and not in a creepy way; I am nodding at perfectly-timed intervals, occassionally raising an eyebrow, and secretly praying for salvation to come in the form of a massive embolism. For them-not me. I got a lot of livin' to do.

-I have fallen back in love-madly in love, mind you-with America's Funniest Home Videos. This show glorifies nut shots, and exploits the awkward phases of chubby children everywhere. There's nothing funnier than a child doing something unspeakable to the neighbor dog, or a drunken uncle falling down at a wedding and suffering internal bleeding and a mild concussion. "America....America....this is youuuuuuu...."

-I want to cause bodily harm to the entire cast of the morning radio show I am currently listening to while I get ready for work. They are assanine. They talk about assanine things, like how many women can't get their men to commit, and how many HoHos the fatass on the show can choke down in 60 seconds. I hate them. They give weather reports like, "Weather!! Gonna rain today! Then it's gonna stop!". They make crank phone calls; and the one woman won't shut the f*ck up about her cat. The long and short of it is-I am unhappy with my current dial position, and am looking for recommendations. I need a morning show in NYC that has news, fairly tolerable DJs and no talk of cats. Can anyone recommend any stations?

-I have worked 2 weekends now at my part-time waitressing job. The job is completely different from any other restaurant I've ever worked in before as far as location and shifts and protocol is concerned. But you know what is exactly the same? The drunk assholes.

-Meerkat Manor.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Sara said...

What the fuck?! And why don't you love me anymore????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home