http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: I Have Paris Hilton's Song Stuck In My Head...

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Have Paris Hilton's Song Stuck In My Head...

...And a revolver shoved in my mouth. I desperately need to get that syphillitic harpy's voice out of my mind. I'd rather listen to Songs of Worship.

Wedding season is upon us once again. I think this year I will escape relatively unscathed-there might only be one that I have to attend. And if I can break an appendage close enough to the date, I might be able to get out of it. At my part-time job a few weeks ago, there was a wedding reception held under a tent on the beach. There was a giant sandcastle wedding cake, and hot dogs for everyone. It was a pretty interesting break from the normal wedding receptions we all have to suffer through every year, and it got me thinking. If I ever (hold all laughter until the end, please) decide to get married, I have come up with the most ingenious location for my wedding reception:

A roller rink.

I know. I'm brilliant. There will be sheet pizzas and sno-cones for everyone, as well as unlimited access to the arcade games and skee-ball. The wedding party will participate in a game of Four Corners, and the bride and groom's "first dance as man and wife" will instead be a Couple's Skate. Oh my God...my fictional and largely unlikely wedding is gonna be AMAZING.

My new favorite comeback for anyone and everyone is to tell them that they "will burn for that". I think it's hilarious, and it begets a satisfying reaction. For example, a friend of mine back-sassed me at lunch today, and without hesitation I said, "Oh-you'll burn for that." It made the remainder of the lunch sufficiently awkward. POINT: CONROY

I have a strong desire to go bowling. It's been about 6 months, and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Surgeon General recommend a night of bowling at least once every 7 months? Or else you'll get polio? Something like that. So if anyone is reading this, and they live in the NYC area, and they don't want polio-then hey:

Let's bowl.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Seriously, I love that your fictional wedding is going to be Roller skating themed. I just want to let you know that me on wheels don't do well, so I may not be able to be in the bridal party, that is if I'm to be included and after not really calling on your birthday,you might not include me. Sadness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home