http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: The Town NEVER Loses

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Town NEVER Loses

A few blogs ago, I referred to a friend of mine that will be moving to Switzerland at the end of the summer. His name is Tim, and he's one of my oldest and dearest friends.

I met Tim in college over a box of Raisin Bran, and we've been close ever since. He has been working in DC since graduation, and much like myself last year, has felt the nagging desire to move on to new locations.

The difference is this: I moved a 4-hour car ride away to NYC. Tim is moving to Switzerland. Yeah, that Switzerland. The country.

I might mention that I find it extremely apropos that Tim is moving to Switzerland, by the way. Considering the fact that he was had to stay neutral in the face of extreme pressure from opposing sides on various occasions. Ha! Yeah-I'm talking about it.

So anyways-as the big move draws ever closer, Tim has been very busy. He's been packing, tying up loose ends, and just....well,...getting busy.

Hence the whole reason for this entry. I got an e-mail from him today about an acquaintance he made last night, and I had to share one excerpt with the World Wide Web:

"And then this morning it was all "Nice to meet you, have a nice day" because I'm moving to motherfucking Switzerland...That'll learn her"

And that, my friends-is how a classy man deals with the uncomfortable business of the morning after.

You have one more month to study at the feet of Tim Townley-before the Swiss get their non-confrontational mitts into him for almost a year. Use it wisely.

Love you Tim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home