http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Madea's Interminable Bus Ride

Comedian Erin Conroy

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Madea's Interminable Bus Ride

So I was back in DC this weekend for the first time in about 7 months. It was great to see people and places, though a weekend is hardly enough time to try and get it all done.

But I did head to my friend Tim's farewell party, where I saw a whole mess of people from college who I haven't seen in years. It was bizarre and fantastic and awkward (one guy) all at the same time. It's weird how a lot of time can pass with some friends, and then you can pick up right where you left off again.

Oh, and Tim managed to get himself thrown out of the bar, and I don't know that I could be prouder of him.

The bus rides from NY to DC are never enjoyable. I mean, it's a BUS-what do you want? But for $40 roundtrip, guaranteed seats and the promise of "first-run movies"; you can't really find a lot of faults with the Vamoose Bus Lines I tend to take. (Exceptions made for when you're heading back on a Sunday night with a wicked hangover and the bus driver puts in a movie called 'Madea Goes To Jail', and follows it with 'Madea's Family Reunion', both movies being played at higher-than-normal volumes, and your head hurts so bad, but there's no way to not watch it, so you stare at the screen with your head pounding and you weep silently.) Yeah...that bus sure is a steal.

The new season of 'Flavor of Love' has begun on VH1, and apparently the first episode is already rife with horror. I've heard what happens, though I have yet to see the episode, and believe me-this show is better than anything ever put on television. Find out when it's on, and thank me later via a Cookie Bouquet. I like chewy chocolate chip cookies. But you knew that already.

I have a show tonight. This show is at the New York Comedy Club on East 24th between 2nd and 3rd and starts at 9pm. You should come down. Say my name at the door and pay only $7.

Say my name at the pawn shop on 86th and you'll get a boot in your ribs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home