http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: She's Off To Go Boarding In A Place Where Her Tears Will Freeze

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, August 10, 2006

She's Off To Go Boarding In A Place Where Her Tears Will Freeze

Project Runway. Who knew a show about making clothes would be so damned intriguing? Between the back-stabbing and the cheating and the plethora of hot pants, I think I have finally found a show to replace the hole in my heart left by M.A.S.H.

I had a show at the New York Comedy Club on Tuesday night. Interesting club, and very interesting vibe. I am becoming more and more aware of the subtle differences between DC and NY as far as comedy is concerned; as Tuesday's show was a lot more relaxed than I expected. My set went well, and all the comics I met were very cool.

They invited me back for the show this Tuesday, and if I want to have people come, they get in for free. What's that, you say? Free, I respond. No cover charge for anyone who mentions my name upon arrival at the Club. It's a really great way to try and get more people down to the shows, and also gives you that much more money for alcohol. Win-Win.

NY Comedy Club: Tuesday August 15th at 9pm. Come ooooooon, what else you gonna do?

Oh-and for all my fans in DC, (Melissa and Mike), I'll be back on Wednesday September 13th for a show at American University with the DCStandup All-Stars. These are the guys I did the CD with, and every single one of them is HILARIOUS. And 2/5 of them owe me money. I'm looking at YOU, Frank and Larry...

This post wasn't funny at all. Just show dates. That sucks. Here's a joke from my hippie friend JD to close it out:

a: How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
b: How many?
a: Let's ride bikes!

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Well well well well well well looky what I found here--Erin has a blog!

I'm glad to see that the funny continues up in NYC, and I'm excited to hear you'll be back down in DC to perform for us little people soon. I'll try to make the show, but I'm not sure I can step on the campus of my alma mater without being seized by violent nausea.

Aren't you also slated to open for Bob Marley at the Improv in late September? Because it's on my calendar. Maybe I dreamed it or something. If I did, I'll just take some mind-altering narcotics during the week in question and try to dream the show itself. I'll let you know how you did.

News from me--I'm doing the Improv showcase on August 22! Cross your fingers for me. Kojo's doing it too, so cross your fingers that he dies before then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home