http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: A Post For Dorks

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Post For Dorks

"Transformers" isn't even out yet, and BAM! We've got more 80s cartoons being turned into movies.

First up: He-Man. That's right, He-Man. I loved He-Man when I was a kid. Castle Grayskull was on my list of "Top Ten Places I'd Rather Be Living Than Stupid HERE". (It was right after the Forest of Feelings, and right before the house at the end of the street that had a Power Wheels and a trampoline.) He-Man kicked ass, he rode a giant panther, and he pulled off a pageboy haircut. What's not to idolize?

But what am I even more excited about? Voltron the movie. VOLTRON!!! It's about time!!! Voltron fans suffered at the hands of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for too long without any respite. And now finally we're gonna get to see five whiny teens race to battle in color-coded robots that are shaped like lions. Lions that each emerge from wildly different dens; one is underwater, one is from some rocks I think, and one might be from lava or something. The lesson to be learned from Voltron is as follows: When you forget about petty differences and accept everyone you meet as a friend and equal, and then organize said group of friends into drivers of various robot body parts, you can create a singular being so powerful that it could totally kick some Zarkon ass. And who knows? You may make some pretty great friends along the way.

Stanley Cup news: Ottawa is getting their comeuppance, as they are down 2 games in the series. Karma.

My comedy news: Come to the Broadway Comedy Club on June 21st and check it. $5 at the door.

You're awesome. If we were forming a giant robot - you would be the head.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Danny Rouhier said...

Is hockey still going on?

2nd, I thought about a Voltron movie for the first time when I was a 6 and a 3rd grader who looked like Prince Lotor pushed me off the jungle gym. In my vision, I was the black lion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home