http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: You're in DIRECT COMPETITION With Each Other!!! You'll Both Be Fighting...For Your Parent's LOVE!!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You're in DIRECT COMPETITION With Each Other!!! You'll Both Be Fighting...For Your Parent's LOVE!!

Oh, what a glorious yet devastating turn of events! Both the NY Rangers (my #1 team) and the Buffalo Sabres (my hometown team) have made it to the second round of the NHL playoffs. Now they face: EACH OTHER!!

This is great, because I'm excited they both did soooo well in the first round, and that they're advancing with great momentum. Now I get to see both teams play for at least another 4 games.


This is terrible, because no matter what happens, one of my two favorite hockey teams is goin' home after Round 2. And do even get me started on the emotion turmoil I'll certainly experience during the games. "Shoot it! Shoot it! Shoot it!......"Block it! Block it! Block it!"

I know now how it must feel for a parent to choose between the lives of their two children; deciding whether to sacrifice one's health to save the other, like in the case of conjoined twins. Except that what I'm going through is more tragic, of course.

On a happier note-DC was a great 24 hours. Thanks to all who came to the Catholic University show on Saturday night. Those engineers, man-they know how to party.

And to all my friends who hadn't seen me in a while, and may have forgotten juuuust how loud and obnoxious I can be after a few wine coolers: I'm sorry. But I adore you all. Hopefully I'll be back in town soon!

Game 1 tomorrow night at 7:00pm.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Danny Rouhier said...

I'm in Canada. You were right, everyone cares about hockey so much. Erin, you should move to Canada.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Fox said...

The winner will be showered with praise! The loser will be taunted and booed until my throat is sore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home