http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: "You Could Have Gotten It From Having Sex With An Ape..." "No WAY."

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, May 18, 2007

"You Could Have Gotten It From Having Sex With An Ape..." "No WAY."

That was my favorite quote from the Ricky Gervais show I saw last night. He was fantastic - so much of his comedy is about delivery and animation and energy, and I don't know a lot of comics who could make the topics he chose as funny as he did. Oh, Ricky! You are the living end!!

Even greater news: I booked my tickets to the Crowded House show! After sweating profusely while hunched over my keyboard waiting for 10am and the release of the pre-sale tickets, I was rewarded with pretty great seats. Now I just have to kill time until the concert, as well as the people in rows 1-13.

Totally True Fact: If you are a man, and you put smiley face icons or write "LOL" anywhere in your e-mails, you are a pansy. Sorry - but it's a scientific fact.

There was a story about an escaped gorilla on CNN.com today. Gorillas escaping? That's pretty funny. Even funnier? CNN has a habit of listing the most important points of a report at the top so the busy websurfer can get the gist of the story and continue on their way. These were the briefing points for the gorilla story:

Story Highlights
• 180 kilogram (400 pound) gorilla escapes enclosure, causes chaos in Dutch zoo
• Four people hurt; one woman bitten, grabbed as ape runs amok in restaurant
• Gorilla finally barricaded in restaurant, shot with a sedative dart and recaptured
• Unclear how ape scaled high walls and crossed moat -- gorillas can't swim

My favorite part?

• Unclear how ape scaled high walls and crossed moat -- gorillas can't swim

Amazing. It's like an excerpt from the one befuddled zoo security guy they were able to get an interview with. "I don't know how he got past the moat, you know? Gorillas can't....well, they can't swim....I don't think...." Also, the gorilla was running "amok". What does that mean? Was he ringing doorbells and then running away? Putting sugar in gas tanks? Or was he just trying to eat human flesh?

I have been hesitant to mention the Sabres, as it seems every time I do they lose a game to Ottawa. But Game 5 is tomorrow night, and they're fighting to stay in it.

Atta boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home