http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: I'm The Worst

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, December 09, 2010

I'm The Worst

So I've had really bad shoulder pain for the past couple of days, since I pulled a muscle on my right side. I was complaining about it (loudly and often) at work today, when someone asked me how it happened. I told them that while I was sitting in the writing class I'm taking in the West Village to broaden my horizons, I twisted funny in my chair while leaning back to throw my Starbucks cup out.

It wasn't until I heard myself say it out loud that I realized how wretchedly white, middle-class and privileged an injury that is. I may as well have run into a bag of organic coffee beans at Trader Joe's and stubbed my big toe because I was busy trying to queue up the next episode of "This American Life" on my iPod.

I'm such a douche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home