http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: BATTLE ROYALE!!!!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, March 10, 2006

BATTLE ROYALE!!!!

Sorry it's been a while since I posted. It's just a bitch to get myself down to the internet cafe. And then when I do get here, I can't think of anything funny enough to write about, so instead I end up googling everyone I went to grade school with. Some of those people have really let themselves go.

My friend Tony has been reminding me every chance he gets that every other normal person on the planet has owned their own computer since 1996. But what he fails to recognize is the fact that I also only got a DVD player about 2 years ago and have a cell phone that is only good for making and receiving calls. It's not that technology scares me, it's just that I've seen the future thanks to Terminator 2, Blade Runner and Deadlocked; and the fewer devices I have that can rise up against me, the better.

So I have a new job. I am waitressing at an Irish bar in Times Square. Being a waitress is always thankless work, but at least it's better than sitting at a computer counting how many times the same guy can walk past my desk, ask me "what's shaking" and demand a high five in one day. Yes, yes I stand by my decision.

Not much to report this post-life has been pretty dull. So instead I will list a few movies that I absolutely hated or couldn't finish the first time I watched them-and now appreciate as some of the best movies I have ever seen. Why? Because I was thinking about this the other night on the subway.

So give these movies a second chance. Or don't. Whatever. It don't affect me none:

-Donnie Darko
-The Big Lebowski
-Intermission

Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home