http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Snakes on Crack!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Monday, August 21, 2006

Snakes on Crack!

So the opening weekend of "Snakes on a Plane" has come and gone, and I am admittedly a little sad that the roller coaster ride has ended. Though the movie experience itself was the stuff dreams are made of!

On opening night Alicia and I found ourselves in a theatre full of people as excited as we were about this movie. (Read: Dorks) But it really added to the whole movie-going experience, because people were constantly hissing and screaming and flailing about. Yeah, folks. It was just that good. Gratuitous violence + Stereotypical characters + Predictable plotlines + Samuel L dropping 'm-er f-er' lines = The Feel Good Film of the Summer. Stop putting it off, everyone. Start living TODAY!


Busy enough week for me-out and about in the city seeing friends and consuming alcohol. The friends were just icing on the cake, really. I did another show at the New York Comedy Club on Tuesday, and for some reason they have asked me back again tomorrow night. I'm delighted, because it's a great room and I would love to keep it in rotation.

Looking to try some new material, or even a new frame of mind when I get up tomorrow night. I know that the comedy scene in NY is different than the scene was in DC; and bearing that in mind, I also know that I have to start all over again as far as convincing a lot of fellow comics that I have as much a right to be on stage as they do. It's a bit of a trial sometimes, but I understand that it's just something I have to accept and rise above if I want to make comedy my life.

Just as I accept and understand that while he seems very real to me, Cookie O'Puss is in fact an ice cream cake, and not a Slavic assassin sent by the Carvel people to kill me.

Too bad it doesn't help me sleep at night...

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jake said...

I hope in the midst of your revelry that you did not lose sight of the film's very important moral: do not just throw your Red Bull cans ANYWHERE. Or, if you prefer to throw them just anywhere, make sure to rock latex gloves so it's not traceable. That Eddie Kim don't play.

Incidentally, don't you think it's time for a "What's my 'Action Movie Asian Gangster" Name" webpage? Where you type in your real name and it spits back "Jimmy Lee," "Freddy Woo," "Franky Wang," etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home