http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Brendan Shanahan Rocks My World

Comedian Erin Conroy

Friday, October 06, 2006

Brendan Shanahan Rocks My World

In the NY Rangers season opener last night, Brendan Shanahan scored his 600th career goal. It was one of 2 he would score of the Rangers 5 goals, compared to the Capitals' 2. I'll wait while you do the math....

(Whistling)

Yes. You got it! The Rangers have started the season with a win!!!!

The funny thing is that I was never a fan of the Red Wings. So, by extension, I was never a fan of Brendan Shanahan. But after seeing him kick a lot of Capital ass last night, I gotta tell ya-he has made a believer out of me. Shanahan in '08!

I know what some of you are thinking: how could I root against the Capitals? My old hometown team? Am I that quick to dismiss my old loyalties??

No, you idiot. I love DC, but I've NEVER liked the Capitals. I mean, I'd rather see them do well than say, the Devils (HATE the Devils)-but the Rangers are my team. I've been following them for almost 12 years now, and even when they stink up the joint I remain loyal.

So I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high for the coming season, but I can't help it. Wooo! We won one! This year's gonna be different! This year is the year we're gonna advance past Round 1 of the playoffs, and make it all the way to the Cup Finals! This is our year!!! For serious!!!!!!!


(Check back in 2 months, see how many exclamation points I'm still using.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home