http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: Ye Olde Sexual Harassment

Comedian Erin Conroy

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ye Olde Sexual Harassment

So I went to the New York Renaissance Faire this past weekend with my friends Katy and Travis. Now maybe because it was the last weekend of the Renaissance season, or maybe because it was indicative of how men really did act during the 14th and 15th centuries; but there was a whole lot of inappropriate gesticulating and innuendo. Nice.

There was a guy dressed like a clown (jester?) on stilts who was quite fond of putting his crotch in my face. Then there was the guy running the chinese star booth; when we stepped up to throw, he said he'd take pictures of us with Katy's camera. When we were done, we got the camera back and it was just pictures of our asses. Add to the mix a few rowdy and hirsute men hanging out of cardboard castles and waving their "swords" at us, and you've got yourself quite the surreal day.

Didn't stop me from getting tipsy! The best line of the day came thanks to Katy and her biting wit. She and Travis and I were trying to learn how to juggle those crystal balls a la the Goblin King in "Labyrinth". It's a lot harder than it looks, and needless to say we were all doing rather shabbily. The guy who was teaching everyone was trying to help us, and came over to try and help me roll the ball over my fingers. Or whatever. I dropped the ball for about the 43rd time, and Katy asked me, "Hey Erin-how did it feel getting your GED???!!??" Before I had a chance to defend my superior intellect, the instructor looked at Katy and said with all seriousness, "It felt pretty good."

Ahahahahahahahahaha. You can't buy an awkward, pregnant pause like that. Katy was horrified. I was tickled pink.

Busy week so far-got some shows coming up in the next few. But you already knew that. New York Comedy Club next Friday October 6th! Who wants to watch a comedy show with my family? All of you, that's who!

Finally, I will leave with a recommendation for a heart-warming story all the kids can enjoy...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home