http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6857/1600/1600/conroy_400.jpg Comedian Erin Conroy: The Lamest Show on Earth!

Comedian Erin Conroy

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Lamest Show on Earth!

Last night, my friend Sara came over to my place to hang out. We watched a bunch of episodes of "Strangers with Candy", which I'm embarassed to admit I've never really seen before. It's a pretty twisted show, so naturally I enjoyed it immensely.

When Sara was heading home, I said I'd walk her across the bridge to the Subway. So we head up the stairs to the top of the Pulaski Bridge, and just as we're stepping onto the top, a grown-ass man in khakis, a button-down shirt and a fedora rides past us on a unicycle. A unicycle. It was 10:45 on a Wednesday night, on a bridge that goes from Brooklyn to Queens, and this man didn't look insane. Still, he felt this was the ideal time to work on his balance and showmanship on one of history's gayest modes of transportation.

The best part? Sara didn't even miss a beat. She just kept talking and talking while I scoured the immediate area for something to shove in the unicycle's spokes.

Today at work, Ryan Conner's Asian doppelganger came into the office. This dude had the same mannerisms, the same fashion sense, the same hip and cool haircut. He even looked like Ryan, only Asiany-er.

I have a show on Wednesday December 13th at the NY Improv. Have I mentioned that yet? Well, it's true. Are you calling me a liar? Let's settle this in the Thunderdome.

Two men enter, Tina Turner referees.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger The Masked Moustache! said...

"history's gayest modes of transportation" made me laugh and laugh and hiccup and then laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home